OFFICIAL RULES BULOVA RATINGS & REVIEWS SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules for the 2018 Spring Season
BULOVA Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY
Purchase does not increase odds of winning
- Eligibility: Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members and those living in the same household as the employee) of BULOVA and its advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Sweepstakes, promotion partners, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies (collectively with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate or receive a prize in the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
- How to Participate: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM ET on March 12, 2018 and ends at 5:00 PM ET on June 10, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Upon completion of the BULOVA product review, you will be automatically entered into the BULOVA Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes. Alternatively, you may enter by sending an email to email@example.com with subject line: Ratings & Reviews to be received on or before 5:00 PM ET on June 10, 2018. Limit one entry per person. The use of robotic or automatic devices for entering the Sweepstakes is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such entries and to disqualify the responsible individual from entering. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply and are your sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries, regardless of what method was used for submission. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Ownership and License: All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual license, permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The Sponsor will award 1 prize for the first 200 eligible completed reviews received and 1 prize for each next group of 500 eligible completed reviews received, until the maximum of 4,000 eligible reviews is reached within the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be chosen at random. The number of prizes will be based on the number of completed reviews within the Sweepstakes Period, but will not exceed 8 prizes. The winners will receive as a prize one BULOVA Men's Marine Star Chronograph Watch Style 98B301 (MSRP $575). The ARV of each prize is $575. The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth in these Rules represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof, although the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize
- Sweepstakes Award Determination/Odds of Receiving Prize: Sponsor’s decisions are final and legally binding on all matters relating to the award determination. Odds of receiving a prize is approximately 1 in 500, but may vary depending on the number of entries. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM ET on June 10, 2018, to be eligible.
- Names of Winners: For the names of the winners, available after July 15, 2018, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “BULOVA Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes (Spring Season) Winners List,” Bulova Marketing Department, The Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, 29thFloor, New York, NY 10118”. Requests must be received by August 15, 2018.
- General Rules: Once a winner is selected, they will be notified via email. The winner must respond within 30 days, and return an affidavit of eligibility to the sponsor within 10 days of it being received by the winner, in order to receive the prize. Failure to return the affidavit in the time provided will result in disqualification and another winner will then be selected. The prizes will be delivered via sponsor’s chosen shipping method to the physical address provided by the award recipient within 6-8 weeks after award determination. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Award recipients and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sweepstakes Entities against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the Prize. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to Sweepstakes Entities to use award recipients’ names and likenesses for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes does not take place, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancellation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation and if the Sweepstakes cannot be run (for reasons out of Sponsor’s control as described above), Prizes will not be awarded.
- Disputes: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (, business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in NY; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of NY for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of NY, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of NY, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of NY.
- Data Collection: Sponsor collects personal information from participants when they enter the Sweepstakes for use in administration of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Citizen Watch Company of America, Inc. d/b/a BULOVA, The Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, 29thFloor, New York, NY 10118.